Our attorneys represent individuals and businesses in a wide range of residential and commercial real estate matters. From the offer to purchase through post-closing matters and everything in between, we have the experience and local real estate knowledge to meet your needs.
Residential & Commercial Real Estate Lawyers in Wausau, WI
At Crooks Law we provide full-service legal representation for all types of real estate transactions and disputes in North Central Wisconsin. Our attorneys have extensive experience negotiating sale contracts, leases, and other real estate-related contracts, and regularly represent clients in disputes involving real estate as well.
Our Real Estate Services
Real Estate Transactions
We represent all parties to both residential and commercial real estate transactions. Whether you are buying your first home or evaluating a commercial real estate lease or investment, we can guide you through the process and help you understand what you are signing up for when you sign on the dotted line. Wisconsin’s real estate laws are complex, and the documentation involved in real estate transactions can be even more complicated. We can help make sure that you are not taking on any unwarranted risks, or unnecessarily giving up any legal rights.
We advise clients with respect to all types of residential and commercial properties in North Central Wisconsin, including:
- Single-family homes and townhomes
- Vacant land
- Commercial properties
In addition to purchase and sale contracts, we also regularly represent clients in the preparation, negotiation, and review of deeds, land contracts, easements, residential and commercial leases, and other real estate-related agreements.
Real Estate Disputes and Litigation
Our attorneys also handle a wide range of real estate-related disputes. We handle cases involving disagreements between buyers and sellers, neighboring property owners, and other parties with an interest in real property. Our experience includes representing clients in matters such as:
- Adverse Possession Claims – We represent both title-owners of property and third-party claimants in matters involving claims of adverse possession.
- Boundary Disputes – Neighboring property owners may run into issues with regard to the boundaries of their respective properties. We represent owners in protecting their property rights.
- Disputes Arising in Connection with a Purchase or Sale – From ambiguous contract language to allegations of misrepresentations and fraud, real estate transactions can lead to a number of different types of disputes.
- Land Contract and Mortgage Foreclosures – If you are facing foreclosure on your mortgage or land contract, there may be ways that we can help you protect your credit and your investment.
- Real Estate Condemnations – If you received a condemnation notice or a government agency has entered your property without your consent, we can help you protect your property rights. We have experience in matters involving condemnations and the exercise of eminent domain.
About Our Real Estate Lawyers
Our lawyers have decades of combined experience representing clients in real estate matters in Wausau, Marathon County, and throughout North Central Wisconsin. They have extensive experience in negotiations, settlement discussions, mediation, and other forms of dispute resolution. By representing clients in both transactions and litigation, they are able to provide insightful, experience-based advice that focuses on minimizing risk, conflicts, and unnecessary costs in all real estate-related matters.
In addition to representing clients in real estate matters, our lawyers also represent clients in a wide variety of other types of transactions and disputes. As a full-service law firm serving individuals and businesses, we are available to assist with all of your personal or business-related legal needs.
Speak with an Experienced Wausau, WI Real Estate Attorney at Crooks Law Today
Whether you are preparing to buy, sell, or lease a piece of property, or you need experienced and effective representation for a real estate-related dispute, our attorneys are here to help. We take a practical, results-oriented approach to representing our clients and will provide you with clear and straightforward advice on protecting your legal rights. No matter is too simple or too complex. If you have questions or need an experienced lawyer on your side, we invite you to give us a call.
With offices in downtown Wausau, we represent clients in real estate transactions and disputes throughout North Central Wisconsin. Contact us to schedule a confidential consultation with one of our attorneys. Please call (715) 842-2291 or send us an inquiry online today.